Fiberglass Pool Water Sanitization
Ozone & UV
Through the combination of Corona Discharge Technology, Germicidal UV Light, and DEL’s Advanced Plasma Gap technology, the DEL AOP lineup provides Advanced Oxidation Process in truly robust units.
- Destroys 99.9% of Harmful Contaminants
- Oxidizes Cryptosporidium parvum, Giardia, and Other Chlorine Resistant Microorganisms
- Reduces Chemical Demand
- Increases Effectiveness of Residual Sanitizers
- Eliminates Chemical Odours, Irritations, and Will Not Damage Pool Systems
MDV FOR DEL AOP
DEL MDV units prevent bubbles from returning to the pool, which eliminates bubble noise and visibility. Utilize the MDV-10-08 for the AOP 25 and the MDV XL for the AOP 50.
An MDV (Mixing De-Gas Vessel) should be used in all indoor, covered, and vinyl-lined pools when used in conjunction with AOP units.
MDV systems may also be used in outdoor applications to eliminate bubbles from your return flow.
How it Works
Advanced Oxidation Process refers to a variety of treatments that work together to sanitize and disinfect water by oxidizing organic and inorganic contaminants. The concept is similar to the use of ozone for disinfection, but AOPs go beyond standard treatment methods since they produce hydroxyl radicals. Hydroxyl radicals have a higher oxidation potential than any other substance, with the exception of elemental fluorine, which is not safe for direct human applications.
In AOP systems, the highly unstable hydroxyl radicals react with dissolved waterborne contaminants in a series of strong oxidation reactions. This process happens almost instantaneously. AOP systems are synergistic in the sense that they multiply the power of the precursor oxidants (like ozone) to yield more disinfection potential than the sum of the input taken separately.
The DEL Approach: Ozone + UV Light = AOP
DEL’s AOP systems utilize DEL’s proprietary Plasma Gap Ozone Technology combined with high output, low-pressure germicidal UV lamps to make a potent yet economical AOP system that is small enough for residential pools.
Benefits of AOP
There are two main reasons that make AOP systems so desirable:
- AOP is Highly Effective: AOP fully oxidizes organic contaminants of ALL kinds, including microorganisms, human waste, dangerous chemicals – such as pharmaceutical waste and petrochemicals – fungus, pesticides and other toxic elements. They also oxidize non-organic materials, such as dissolved metals (iron, manganese, etc.), body lotions, oils, and cosmetics.
- AOP is Environmentally Benign: The by-products of AOP systems are clean enough for re-use. Even beginning with sewage waste, which is infinitely more contaminated than swimming pool water, these systems can eventually result in water pure enough to recycle.